©Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart

This blog and contents including photos, graphics and writings cannot be copied or used in any other way without my permission and is copyrighted under my name. Thank you.♥
©Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

HOPE ....

Source: Cross Cards

Put your Hope in His unfailing love! Psalm 147: 10-11

"Music in itself is healing... No matter what culture you are from, Everyone loves music." - Billy Joel

Psalm 150:1-6
"Praise the Lord!  Praise him in his sanctuary; praise him in his mighty firmament!  Praise him for his mighty deeds; praise him according to his exceeding greatness!  Praise him with trumpet sound: praise him with lute and harp! Praise him with timbrel and dance; praise him with strings and pipe!  Praise him with sounding cymbals; praise him with loud clashing cymbals! Let everything that breathes praise the Lord! Praise the Lord!"
   I love that we are encouraged to praise God in music!  Several of my readers said they thought of the hymn, "Whispering Hope" after reading yesterday's entry.  That was one of my Mom's favorites and she could play it on the piano...

I often remarked to our Music Minister when I participated in the Singing Christmas Tree at a local Myrtle Beach Church, that I sometimes got more nourishment from the singing than from a sermon!  Many feel like that.  There was something very special about hearing 80 to 90 voices in harmony singing praises to God!  The very first time I went to rehearsals the first year, I got so choked up from the sound that I could not sing.  I participated in 5 of the performances and it was a wonderful experience.  I went from my country western alto voice and style to being able to sing Soprano with vibrato!  What a thrill to share the word of Christ with a sold out crowd!  People WANT the Lord in their life!  What joy, happiness and HOPE we find when enveloped by our Lord and fellow celebrating Christians!

I HOPE the Word will set you free!
  When reading God's book, you will see
How very much he loves his child.
  Oh, How he loves you and me.

"Oh how he loves you and me,
Oh how he loves you and me!
He gave his life, what more could he give?
Oh, how he loves you,
Oh how he loves me
Oh how he loves you and me."

One of God's precious creatures in our back yard lake this morn
Photo by hubby Bill...

♥KERRIE♥
My heart to yours....


2 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh , what a gift from God you have been given this morning, pure and white as snow. A heron? We feel the same way about the music, many times it has blessed us more than the sermon! But I can't really sing. Phil is in the choir from time to time, though. I'd love to hear you singing!

Kerrie said...

This is an Egret. They are so beautiful!