©Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart

This blog and contents including photos, graphics and writings cannot be copied or used in any other way without my permission and is copyrighted under my name. Thank you.♥
©Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart

Thursday, March 3, 2011

Anxiety...

ARE YOU ANXIOUS?  Life got you down in one way or another?  Do you worry about material things of this earth and your anxiety is keeping you from enjoying God's precious gift of each day that you rise?  Meet the day with yearning to see what God is going to do!  Reach for his hand to greet you and guide you through your day.  He will be there for you... See words to the hymn featured to the right of this post, at the bottom of this page.

 MATTHEW 6:25-34  "Therefore I tell you, do not be anxious about your life, what you shall eat or what you shall drink, nor about your body, what you shall put on.  Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothing?  Look at the birds of the air:
they neither sow nor reap nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them.  Are you not of more value than they?  27: And why are you anxious about clothing"  Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they neither toil nor spin; yet I tell you, even Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.  But if God so clothes the grass of the field, which today is alive and tomorrow is thrown into the oven, will he not much more clothe you, O men of little faith?  Therefore, do not be anxious, saying 'what shall we eat? or 'What shall we drink, or What shall we wear?'  For the gentiles seek all these things; and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all.  But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things shall be yours as well.  Therefore, do not be anxious about tomorrow, for tomorrow will be anxious for itself.  Let the day's own trouble be sufficient for the day."

It is indeed hard to trust in the Lord and let go of your anxiety but you will know great peace when you do.  Many times in my life when I felt I could no longer stand the stresses of life, I GAVE IT ALL TO JESUS AND THE LORD because, I can't, He can.  And He would pull me up by the boot straps and set me firm again-let me stand.  I am so grateful!

  Precious Lord, take my hand....what a meaningful and beautiful hymn!

Precious Lord Take My Hand

Words & music by Thomas A. Dorsey

            Precious Lord, take my hand
            Lead me on, let me stand
            I'm tired, I’m weak, I’m lone
            Through the storm, through the night
            Lead me on to the light
            Take my hand precious Lord, lead me home
 
            When my way grows drear precious Lord linger near
            When my life is almost gone
            Hear my cry, hear my call
            Hold my hand lest I fall
            Take my hand precious Lord, lead me home
 
            When the darkness appears and the night draws near
            And the day is past and gone
            At the river I stand
            Guide my feet, hold my hand
            Take my hand precious Lord, lead me home
 
            Precious Lord, take my hand
            Lead me on, let me stand
            I'm tired, I’m weak, Lord I’m worn
            Through the storm, through the night
            Lead me on to the light
            Take my hand precious Lord, lead me home
Come back soon!
♥KERRIE♥
My Christian heart to yours.... 

3 comments:

Glenda said...

So much good stuff in this post - the comforting Scripture, the old hymn, and the beautiful red bird! I love birds of all kinds!

Thanks for visiting my blog! Come again!

LV said...

Thank you so much for this most inspiring message. One we all need to use more often. I was so glad you dropped by for a visit today.

Ginny Hartzler said...

It can be so hard to just let go, can't it? We want to have everything under OUR control. But we can't see the future and we don't know what's best for us often. Not like the one who made us.