©Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart

This blog and contents including photos, graphics and writings cannot be copied or used in any other way without my permission and is copyrighted under my name. Thank you.♥
©Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart

Monday, February 28, 2011

Who was the first woman to believe Jesus was the Messiah?

  Martha was the first woman to recognize and believe that Jesus was the Messiah.  Her brother Lazareth had died and she and her sister Mary were mourning their loss.  When Jesus heard of his friends all three of whom he loved, he was grieved also and went to the home to see them.  He did this even though the Jews had threatened to stone him there previously.  When Martha heard that Jesus was coming, she went and met him, while Mary sat in the house.  Martha said to Jesus that if he had been there, her brother would not have died. And Jesus said to her, "Your brother will rise again."

John 11:24-27  "Martha said to him, "I know that he will rise again in the resurrection at the last day."  Jesus said to her, "I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in me, though he die, yet shall he live, and whoever lives and believes in me shall never die.  Do you believe this:"  She said to him, "Yes, Lord; I believe that you are the Christ, the Son of God, he who is coming into the world."

Rembrandt's Painting of Raising Lazareth
 What great faith Martha had in Jesus!  She totally accepted and believed him to be the Messiah!  Jesus raises Lazareth from the dead, even though he has been in the tomb for 4 days.  Faith can overcome death.
  We as believers may lose our earthly life from illnesses, accidents or just old age, but we gain eternal life in heaven.  God is so good!

♥KERRIE♥
My Christian heart to yours...

3 comments:

Ginny Hartzler said...

What a good lesson, and I LOVE the title!!!

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

What a wonderful post and site you have. So happy to meet you and I am looking forward to being a new follower of yours.
Take care
Maggie

Grandma Yellow Hair said...

What a wonderful post and site you have. So happy to meet you and I am looking forward to being a new follower of yours.
Take care
Maggie