©Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart

This blog and contents including photos, graphics and writings cannot be copied or used in any other way without my permission and is copyrighted under my name. Thank you.♥
©Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart

Friday, April 27, 2012

Adversity causes growth...Patience pays.

It is hard for us to accept in our humanness that anything good can come from the trials and tribulations that we are experiencing at any one time.  Bad times at work, at relationships, love, children, finances, sometimes we are overwhelmed by all of the "things" that trouble us.  However, God sees beyond the day and plans accordingly for your life.  The key is developing Patience.

James 1:2  "Dear brothers, is your life full of difficulties and temptations? then be happy, for when the way is rough, your patience has a chance to grow.  So let it grow, and don't try to squirm out of your problems.  For when your patience is finally in full bloom, then you will be ready for anything, strong in character, full and complete."  (quoted from "THE BOOK" a very comprehensive study of the bible printed by Tyndale House Publishers)

I was not patient when my husband was suffering with cancer and I wanted relief for him immediately and questioned through my tears why God was letting him suffer!  I believed in a miracle that never came.  But as in all things God is in control and his timing is not our timing no matter how hard we try to make it so.

I have always likened Adversity causing Growth with a "Kerrie-ism":  The tiny flower seed will push up through the blacktop and grow into a beautiful flower despite its surrounding hardness.  I find the more I grow in patience, the more God gives blessings and I count them every day.

James, the brother of Jesus wrote his gospel with many short, proverbial sayings and reflects in a remarkable way the teachings of Jesus and the Sermon on the mount. 

Are you trying to be patient or is life trying your patience?  Seek God and His Son in all instances and pray to be patient so that you will grow and bloom.

A tiny new life, Canadian Goose baby.


My Christian heart to yours...
  

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a lovely write, Kerrie. Very wise words ... God is always there for us & if we listen closely He directs us with His words.

Your Kerrie-ism is wonderful.

Hope that each day is a bit easier for you ... whisper of love surround you, my precious friend.

Have a beautiful weekend ~
TTFN ~
Marydon

Unknown said...

I'm not a patient person. I need to be more of one.

Big Hugs ((Kerrie))