©Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart

This blog and contents including photos, graphics and writings cannot be copied or used in any other way without my permission and is copyrighted under my name. Thank you.♥
©Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart

Thursday, February 9, 2012

SOWING SPARINGLY...



Painting by our Son, Daniel Marquart


Good Morning dear Christian hearts, may the Glory of the Father, Son and Spirit bring you peace and tranquility today as a silent, soft snowfall....

Adjustment to a "me" life is not easy at all after being a "we" life for 52 years.  I know many of you can identify with me as I walk through the rest of my life alone.  With God's ever present help, I will continue on but with a heavy heart.

I subscribe to In Touch Ministries and get a daily message from Charles Stanley Ministries each morning.  I was inspired to post this morning after reading the last paragraph of his message below:

"Have you hindered your spiritual growth by sowing sparingly? If you become a generous giver, God promises to "increase the harvest of your righteousness" (v. 10). There are needs in the church and the world that He wants to meet through your generosity. Let His blessings flow through you."

For more biblical teaching and resources from Dr. Charles Stanley, please visitwww.intouch.org.
Used with permission from In Touch Ministries, Inc. © 2009 All Rights Reserved.

"Let His blessings flow through you."  For me, nothing is enjoyed unless it is shared.  When I took the 2-year Bethel Bible Teacher's Course, it was totally based on "Blessed to be a blessing."
Teacher's course, it was 
  Genesis 12:1-3 1The Lord and said to Abram, "Leave your country, your people and your father's household and go to the land I will show you. 2"I will make you into a great nation and I will bless you; I will make your name great, and you will be a blessing. 3I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed 3I will bless those who bless you, and whoever curses you I will curse; and all peoples on earth will be blessed through you."
1
Don't you just love that??

In other words, when you are blessed by God, you become a blessing to others by sharing His word, His love, His giving spirit.  That is why I personally am not a rich person in so much as money or material goods because my husband and I always believed that it is more blessed to give than to receive!  And we would never have done it any other way.  

I am not saying give everything away and live in Poverty, although many great Christians of old and present day, have done so, e.g. Mother Teresa.  However, share where you can of your time, your money, your material goods.  " To whom much is given, much is expected."  

For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more.  Luke 12:48
















What, you say you have nothing?  Oh But you do!  You have a Christian loving spirit that you can share the word of God with all you meet.  Let the spirit of the Lord be in your heart and on your lips and the love of Jesus shine forth in your eyes.  I have had persons in the past tell me that I had a light in my eyes.  I truly believe they could see the Christ in me...  Are you not worthy?  Oh yes, you ARE worthy.  God treasures each and every one of you and delights in reaching others through you.

What do others see in your eyes??  You are a BLESSING just waiting to be bestowed upon someone.  God Bless you all!
Sketch by Son Daniel Marquart of Bill and me
from a photograph...Thank you Danny


Thank you for coming, and do come again soon.

9 comments:

Beverly said...

Kerrie, thank you for sharing this. The message is clear. And, the sketch is wonderful. I have loved that photo of you and Bill.

Sharing a smile is an easy way to share a blessing.

Love to you from me, dear friend.♥

GlorV1 said...

Thank you for the message Kerrie. Beautiful painting by your son. Just beautiful. I believe you are a very strong person and thoughts are with you. Thanks you for the invitation to your blog.

child of God said...

Hi Kerrie,
What beautiful sketch, thank you for sharing your heart with us.

I have been praying for you often. This is so tough, I know. My parents were married 52 years and my mom was the first to move into heaven. My father followed her move 12 years later. During the 12 years without my mom he enjoyed his life and even got married again when he was 85. The wonderful thing, he married my mother's sister who was also a widow. They enjoyed years together keeping the family ties close.

Praying the ache in your heart will be filled with the peace and love of our Savior, Jesus Christ.

<><

Unknown said...

Oh, precious Kerrie ... this is so perfect a message for us to abide by. You just sparkle with Christ in your whole being ... I saw it first hand.

Dan's sketch is spectacular, the photo is wonderful from which he created this. Love, arm in arm, on the journey of life.

So love you, sweet friend. Tears in my eyes for you ...
Hugs from our hearts always
TTFN ~
Marydon & Harold

Donna said...

Kerrie,
The sketch of you and your husband done by your son gave me chills. It's beautiful and something to cherish always. (I loved the photo, too)

Many blessings to you, my dear friend.

Hugs,
Donna

Ginny Hartzler said...

Kerrie, your son takes after you, he is quite an artist! Is this an actual place he has painted? I am so glad you e-mailed me about this, because I am switching computers and am on a break for several days, I would not have seen it otherwise. Phil and I have been married for almost 45 years, so I know what you mean about being married for so long, you DO continue to be in my prayers, Kerrie!! You know I love Charles Stanley. And this reminds me, my In Touch e-mails have stopped quite awhile ago, I will have to go and re-subscribe.

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Kerrie Sweetie...
What a beautiful loving post today. I simply loved reading it.

The painting that your son painted of the snow is gorgeous. He is gifted as you are and Bill was. He came by this honestly. I love the sketch, I believe that is the picture of you and Bill on your last walk on the pier together. It is beautiful. What a wonderful tribute. Daneil is so gifted.

Thank you for touching my heart sweet friend. I have so enjoyed my visit with you. I am sending many hugs and so much love sweetie, Sherry

Donna said...

Dearest Kerrie...What a beautiful and encouraging and touching post. I'm so amazed at your joy. ( not surprised though. :-) I ADORE the drawing done by your son. Priceless!

Doris Sturm said...

Hello Kerrie,

Thank you for inviting me to visit you here. I can only imagine how difficult it is for you to be single after all these years...Your son is a very talented man, just like his parents!

Thank you for your giving spirit and may you find many blessings yet to come.

With love,
Doris