©Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart

This blog and contents including photos, graphics and writings cannot be copied or used in any other way without my permission and is copyrighted under my name. Thank you.♥
©Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart

Wednesday, December 28, 2011

God is in Control...


Good morning dear hearts!  Peace be with you.  I have been very downhearted since my hubby fell and bruised his face terribly but am thankful that he did not sustain any broken bones.  His journey fighting Multiple Myeloma is painful enough and causes us to question our faith at times.  As humans we all go through times when we wonder "What is God thinking to let this happen?)  But we are not able to see the whole picture as only God can.  Today, I want to share Dr. Stanley's message as it was so appropriate for how I was feeling.   For updates on my hubby's condition, you can go to http://caringbridge.org/visit/billmarquart  
The photo of hubby on Christmas Eve (HAPPY BIRTHDAY JESUS!) opening presents.

  




December 28
How to Experience Christ's Peace
John 14:27-31
"My peace I give to you” (John 14:27). Jesus spoke these amazing words just hours before
  His crucifixion.
His peace isn’t dependent upon external circumstances, but rather, it transcends them.
 Although He gives His peace to every believer as a gift, our experience of it is related to our
 faith in the following truths:
  • God is in control of everything. Without this assurance, the world is a scary place.
  • He loves me and will see me through every circumstance, no matter how difficult 
  •   or painful it may be.
  • To have Christ’s peace, I must surrender my life to Him. When I hold onto my ways
  •    and plans, I’ll experience turmoil.
  • I have a limited perspective and understanding of my circumstances and God’s 
  • purposes for allowing them. His goals for me are greater than my immediate comfort.
  • The Lord promises to work all things out for my good. He is continually working to
  •    transform my character into Christ’s image.
  • I must live in sync with God, walking in the Spirit and promptly confessing and 
  •    repenting of sin.
  • Scripture is my foundation for peace. It increases my trust in the Lord’s goodness, 
  •    assures me  that He keeps His promises, and reminds me of His sovereignty over 
  •    every situation.
Sadly, many Christians live their whole lives without consistently experiencing this
   incomprehensible peace.
Perhaps faith and submission are the most challenging issues. But only as we surrender
 control of our lives to Christ and trust in His plans for us will we discover tranquil rest for our
  souls.

For more biblical teaching and resources from Dr. Charles Stanley, 
please visit
Used with permission from In Touch Ministries, Inc. © 2009 All Rights Reserved.

If you or a loved one is going through a most difficult time, I pray that
 your faith in God's  wisdom will sustain you and uphold you in your difficult
 journey.  Ultimately, God is in control.

Have faith as the woman did who felt if she could just touch the hem of 
Jesus' garment, she would be cured of her illness and she was....Matthew 9:20




My Christian Heart to Yours...


3 comments:

Hillcresthome Prims said...

Kerrie, I am praying for your Hubby. I am so sorry that he fell.
I am glad that he didn't break anything but his poor face really looks bad, maybe the medication he is on make a bruise looks worse, I know mine does!
I could bump my knee and it looks like I went into the ring with "Rocky"!!LOL I hope I gave you a chuckle.
I am praying for him and I do every night, he is like Rocky he is a frighter.
God Bless,
Hugs,
Tricia XO

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh my WORD, Kerrie!!!! Did he go to the doctor, how is he feeling??? So glad he didn't break any bones, is he on pain killers? I continue to watch and enjoy Charles Stanley, it saddens me that he is not able to stand through a whole sermon anymore.

Buttercup said...

Dear Kerrie, Prayers and hugs for you and Bill!