©Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart

This blog and contents including photos, graphics and writings cannot be copied or used in any other way without my permission and is copyrighted under my name. Thank you.♥
©Kerrie O'Hearn Marquart

Saturday, January 5, 2013

Beginning a New Year in Christ

How sweet it is!  To begin a new year in Jesus Christ!
Almost a year has passed since I lost my Bill when God took him home.  Losing a loved one is probably one of the most painful emotions that one will ever go through.  It was like that for me and for many others who have lost loved ones to cancer, accidents or other illnesses in this last year. Another wife has lost her husband right before Christmas to Multiple Myeloma.  How blessed I was to have my Bill for 7 years before he succumbed.

   "And now, dear brothers, I want you to know what happens to a Christian when he dies so that when it happens, you will not be full of sorrow, as those who have no hope.  For since we believe that Jesus died and then came back to life again, we can also believe that when Jesus returns, God will bring back with him all the Christians who have died. 1 Thesalonians 4:13, 14" 

  "The Lord is close to those whose hearts are breaking. Psalm 34:18a  But I am telling you this strange and wonderful secret: we shall not all die, but we shall all be given new bodies!  It will all happen in a moment in the twinkling of an eye, when the last trumpet is blown.  For there will be a trumpet blast from the sky and all the Christians who have died will suddenly become alive, with new bodies that will never, never die; and then we who are still alive shall suddenly have new bodies too.  For our earthly bodies, the ones we have now that can die, must be transformed into heavenly bodies that cannot perish but will live forever.  When this happens, then at last this Scripture will come true- "Death is swallowed up in victory. O death, where is your victory: Where then your sting?" 1 Corinthians 15:51-55


The anniversary of Bill's death will be January 26th. My new great granddaughter is due January 27th.  Co-incidental?  I think not.  I told the family when God takes a life a new life is given and I will see it come to be.  How happy Bill would have been and how happen I will be when a new life will begin in Christ.  What a joy, what a gift.  God bless all of you and maybe you cannot see a blessing in your loss as yet, but you will dear heart, you will.

Granddaughter Jessica with soon to be born, "Sofiah"  God is so good!  Wishing you all blessings in this year of 2013.  Look forward to all that God will do in this year, to the excitement, open your heart, invite Him in...

♥Kerrie♥

My Christian Heart to yours...

1 comment:

Thistle Cove Farm said...

God bless you and yours, Kerrie. The new Granddaughter, Sofiah, is so exciting and that's a beautiful photo!